This slideshow requires JavaScript.

For my project I wanted to design and create a high-resolution game ready character inspired by the Chryssalid from the game XCOM 2. The goal of this project was to create and design a high-resolution character model from my own concept that could exist within the game XCOM.

I used a high to low poly pipeline to create this character. I started out with concepting using Adobe Photoshop and Zbrush, then I took the concept and made into a high poly character in Zbrush before taking it into Maya for the retopology,  Substance painter and designer was used for texturing and finally it was presented within the unreal engine (For more details feel free to check my blog, linked at the bottom of this post) .

This project has helped improve my understanding of the character art pipeline as well as teaching me new techniques that I could use for future projects.

Link to Blog

Skip to content